Over a decade ago I began this blog, and, as time has flown,
so has my vision. With a few other blogs to maintain, I hope to post/ repost
timely or timeless topics on WordPress, thus focusing my failing sight on only
one site. (Pun intended.)
When I mentioned my macular hole (left eye) and macular wrinkle (right eye) to a fellow writer in my Christian Poets & Writers group on Facebook, I learned he has a similar problem! I hope it's not a common concern among poets and writers, but if you have worsening vision, I pray these tips will help:
- Place a magnifying glass in every room where you’re apt to need one.
- Add closed captions to programs on TV.
- Buy audio books or print editions with 14-point fonts or larger.
- Avoid glare.
- Get phones with large buttons.
- Put yellow strips on the edge of each step.
- Wear sunglasses with UV filters or lenses that darken in sunlight.
- Zoom in and increase the size of words and pictures on your computer monitor.
- Limit computer time.
- Avoid wind, dust, and dryness.
- Stay hydrated!
- Schedule regular checkups with an Ophthalmologist.
If you’ve found other ideas that work for you, my eyes and I will welcome your suggestions in the Comments below. Take care.