December 24, 2013

Bible Reviewer: NIV Essentials Study Bible

[Note from Mary: When I saw Zondervan’s announcement of another NIV study Bible, I requested a review copy out of curiosity and maybe cynicism. I just couldn’t imagine what else might added to the already info-packed NIV Study Bible and/or Archaeological Study Bible, both of which I bought, loved, and previously reviewed on the Bible Reviewer blog. So, when the NIV Essentials Study Bible arrived, I greeted it coolly but picked it up, and thought, “Hmmm. It’s not super heavy!” Opening the cover, I saw type I could easily see – not the thin, lightly inked font I’ve had problems with in other Z. Bibles, but an easy-on-the-eye font with very readable footnotes. The big news about this Bible, though, is its inclusion of the best of the best articles, sidebars, footnotes, and other study aids selected from previous study Bibles by Zondervan and nicely packaged in this new edition, which, yes, has the essentials needed to study the Bible, slip comfortably inside its covers, and snugly deeply into the presence of God.

Review by Mary Sayler

Bible Reviewer: NIV Essentials Study Bible

...
Post a Comment